Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Biggest Loser . . . (*Warning* - SPOILER)

Last night was the premier of this season. It was interesting, and heart-wrenching. I cried at the first weigh-in - simply because several of the women there were around my weight. Then, at the end, they annouced that 9 of the couples would have to send one person home. I couldnt' understand it - this was a COUPLES edition! And there were 2 teams that were exempt - the team that won the challange and the team that had the highest weight loss for the weight loss. I was so sad. They said that at the end of 30 days, the people that were still there could bring their partners back. But still, is that fair?

Something else really surprised me. The AMOUNT of weight lost by some of the contestents. Some of them were losing up to 30 lbs!! IN ONE WEEK!! Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that unhealthy to lose it that fast? I mean, I can see 10-15 lbs in the first weeks but 30! That's frightening - REALLY frightening. If I lost 30 lbs, I'd be halfway to my weight goal! Well, ALMOST. That's unreal . . . How does someone LOSE that much in ONE WEEK??? Eating 40 calories a day and working out 7 hours a day??

Sheesh . . .

Now, I am still going to watch the show, because it keeps me motivated. But I am not going to fall into the whole, "I have to lose 20 lbs this week!!" BS. My goal is 3-5 lbs a week. That I know I can do.

2 comments:

Shelby Jones said...

30 pounds in one week! Whoa! That IS scary. If you need anymore motivation, I'm here for you! I'd also like a work-out buddy. ;) hehe.

BTW, have you heard anything from Vanessa about the Dancers guild? Are we still doing it? I'm so lost. lol

SuperMom Blues said...

Hm . . . we might have to pack up Jake in a stroller and go walking one day! :-)

I haven't heard ANYTHING about the dancer's guild yet . . . Not a clue . . .