But there are a few things I'm learning about myself over the course of this journey . . .
- Shirts that used to be tight and are now loose are not very flattering.
- Ditto for swimsuits.
- Two tablespoons of cream are more than enough for coffee.
- Egg whites are really good.
- Quinoa, chicken breast, and squash is an ultimate comfort food.
- I am a lot stronger than I give myself credit for.
- I love the water and I love to swim.
- One (actual) serving-sized serving of something is MORE than enough to satisfy.
- Carrots and laughing cow Garlic Herb is the world's greatest snack (and an answer to chips and dip!)
I am still struggling with tracking and measuring EVERYTHING, but I'm getting better.
I guess, in a sense, I'm following Weight Watcher's "simply filling" without thinking about it.
I still have to count my chips.
I still have to eat ONE brownie instead of five.
But I've learned that I CAN do these things - and now, I do them without thinking about.
It's become automatic.
And that feels pretty good.