Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Move, move, MOVE

We all have so many excuses for not exercising.

"It's too hot"
"It's too cold"
"I don't feel good"
"I feel too good"
"I just ate"
"I haven't eaten yet"

The list could go on and on.

Let's face it, exercise is not exactly the most fun thing in the world, and if you're a parent it's almost impossible to find the time to do it!

A L M O S T

The fact is, exercise, weather we want to admit it or not, is important. It's important to keep our muscles and joints loose, it's important to cleanse our bodies of impurities, and it results in better sleep habits, better moods, and sometimes better . . . er . . . sex marital relations Um . . . A better love life.

So how do you find the time in today's busy world?
Sometimes, you have to consciously MAKE the time.

To keep our hearts healthy, studies have shown that all we need is 15 minutes a day.
15???
15!
Now, if you're working on losing weight, you might need to add another 15 minutes to burn fat.
But, trust me when I say it CAN be done.

Sure, walking, running, bike riding, swimming, gym hopping . . . those are all great exercise. But what if you don't like them?

Try these things: gardening, housecleaning (vacuuming and mopping especially!), playing outside with your kids, dancing, walking the dog (or two).

ALL of these things are great exercise, and chances are you're going to be doing one (or two) of these things on a daily basis.

The point is, it doesn't matter WHAT you do to move your body,
just MOVE it!

1 comment:

Nena said...

Well said.

I get up at 4:30 Monday through Thursday to be at boot camp by 5:30. Is it easy? No. Do I like getting up that early to exercise? No. Do I consider giving up and sleeping in every single morning? Yes.

But if I don't exercise before my day starts, I won't exercise at all. And it's important. And it's worth it.