Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Accountability . . .

You know what makes me madder than anything? When people don't hold themselves accountable for their weight issues.

"Boo-hoo . . . I have a glandular problem" says one person as they shove an extra large sized candy bar down their gullet.

"Waah, my mother and father were fat" says another while loading up on a supersized Big Mac meal from McDonald's (with the tell-tale diet coke).

"It's not my fault - my mommy made me clean my plate and only cooked deep fried pork fat" says another while eating a bag of pork rinds (in essence . . . deep fried pork fat).

Okay, folks, KNOCK IT OFF!!!

I AM FAT.
I MADE MYSELF THIS WAY.
I CHOSE TO EAT CHOCOLATE CAKE, ICE CREAM, PIZZA, DEEP FRIED, BREADED, AND/OR FATTY FOOD AND LOTS OF IT.
I CHOSE TO NOT STOP EATING WHEN I WAS FULL.
I CHOSE TO EAT ONE MEAL AT 5:30 AND THEN ANOTHER ONE AT 9:00.
I MADE THESE CHOICES. NOT MY GLANDS. NOT MY PARENTS. NOT MY HERITAGE.
ME.
FAT, OBESE, 300 POUND ME ME ME ME ME!!!

Look, I know we can't all be Kate Hudson/Cindy Crawford/Hillary Duff or whoever your personal latest "it" girl is. Quite frankly, I don't want to be. I want to be healthy. In order to do this, I have to hold myself accountable for everything I do (or don't do). If I eat that extra helping of mashed potatoes IT'S MY OWN FAULT. If I eat that entire cheesecake in one sitting IT'S MY OWN FAULT. If I chose to NOT get on that bike today IT'S MY OWN FAULT. If you can't hold yourself accountable for your actions, then you WILL NOT BE SUCCESSFUL!! Not just in weight loss, but in LIFE as well!!

TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

No comments: