Saturday, December 31, 2011

You Mean I Have to Plan??

*Please note that I am in no way affiliated with Lysa TurKeurst or Proverbs 31 Ministries. This is my own work using Lysa's book Made to Crave as reference. Thank you - Jennifer.*


One of the reasons I feel Weight Watchers didn't work 100% for me is because of all the planning involved. Every hour of every day you are thinking about food - what I ate, what I didn't eat, what I need to eat, what I'm going to eat today, tomorrow, next week . . . Every . . . Single . . . Moment.

For a food addict, that doesn't work very well.

And yet . . .
You still have to have a plan, right?

Think about it.
When we're battling the enemy in our lives, we have a plan, right?
(the correct answer here is PRAYER)
So why should our battles against our temptations be any less significant or important?

It's important to have a plan of attack.
Even something as simple as: "I won't eat __________"

What I'm learning is that I have to have a plan - a BIG plan.
I don't count calories.
I don't measure portions.
None of that.

My plan is simple:
Eat what God made and eat it in smaller portions.
Exercise daily.
There are four food groups: Protein, Dairy, Plants, Grains
That's it.
Notice what's not on there?
sweetsfatscokesicecreamcakepizzafriedchickenbrowniesthingsicannotevenbegintopronounce

God made food for our bodies for one purpose only - to fuel us so that we can better serve Him.

I have had many, many complex plans in the past.
None of them worked.
Why?
Because they focused on the one thing that was taking me away from God - food.
My new plan focuses on God, not food.
Because I am a Jesus girl and I am made to crave God, not food!

God Bless you all!

No comments: