Sunday, August 1, 2010

New Outlook - Again . . .

After my meltdown the other day, I came to realize quite a few things.
1) Never weigh yourself then blog about it when you're hormonal
2) I have an amazing network of friends and family that love and support me
3) I need to hide my scale (and dear, dear Hubby has done just that for me)
4) Hubby loves me, no matter what I weigh (he told me so, too!)
5) GOD loves me, no matter what I weigh
6) If I am eating right and exercising, the weight itself is secondary

Looking back on last week, I've thought a few things over - while I DID do more last week then usual, it just might not have been enough. I exercised two times. I ate healthfully, but I probably ate too much (even healthy food can be bad if you eat too much of it). So, in retrospect, I need to "fuggetabowtit" and move on.

I also realized that I am disobeying God by relying too much on the scale. God wants us to rely on Him, and put our trust in Him. Instead, I was putting my trust in a machine. I was worshiping a false idol.

One thing that I often write about is self image. I apparantly forgot my own mantra the other day:
"I am fearfully and wonderfully made" (Psalm 139:14) by God "in his own image" (Genesis 1:27). God created me as I am - fat and all. He made me with frizzy hair, big boobs and a flat tush. He gave me a mole on my nose, and missing incisor teeth. He gave me a quirky look that my husband just loves.

So, as I repent for all of that, I make a vow. Okay, two vows.

1) I will never EVER blog on PMS again.
2) I will F.R.O.G. = Fully Rely On God.

If I can do those two things, I'll be just fine.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Wow, we sound so much the same. It's eerie. Believe me, there is another person like you going through the same thing out here. We will be successful!