Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Made To Crave: "Made for More"

*Please note that I am in no way affiliated with Lysa TurKeurst or Proverbs 31 Ministries. This is my own work using Lysa's book Made to Crave as reference. Thank you - Jennifer.*  


Lately, my Made to Crave study group has been on hiatus. My sweet, amazing mother-in-law, Linda, and my father-in-law, Ray, are on a SANMA mission trip to India. We are so proud of them and are praying every day for their safe return. But until then, MtC is slightly on hold. I didn't realize how much I really needed this group before this, honestly. 

Lately I've been back and forth. I'll have a fantastic day, I'll have a horrible day. I'll have a day that starts off rocking, and ends up stinking. I suppose that's normal for everyone, really. It won't always be sunshine and roses, but then it won't always been wind and rain either.  But sometimes, especially lately, it's discouraging. I'll "give in" then think: "well, I messed THAT up" then proceed to eat the remainder of anything tasty in the house.   I forget one very important little detail. This - this brownie, pop tart, cookie, chip, whatever. THIS is not my purpose in life. God didn't create me for this. He didn't create me to be a poor miserable fat slob sitting on my recliner crying into my lucky charms as I watch The Biggest Loser for the millionth time. No, He didn't. He created me to be an amazing, strong woman for Christ. He created me for His pleasure, for His glory.

As Lysa says in Chapter 4, I am made for more.

I am made to be a wife, mother, friend, daughter, cousin, sister, writer, minister, Child of God.  And in order to be that - the full potential of what God wants from me - I have to learn to ask. I have to learn to ask day to day, hour to hour, moment to moment. In order to reach my full potential, I have to stop focusing on the food, and start focusing on the Lord. 

I am Jennifer, and I am made for more. 
We are all made for more.
We are made to crave God, not food.

God bless you all,

No comments: