Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sketchers Shape Ups: My Review

Okay, so here's the deal kiddies, I don't do a whole lot of produce plugs as you well know. And with good reason - I will NEVER EVER plug a product I don't believe in or love.

I have fallen in love . . . with SHOES!!

As someone that is . . . well, as big as I am . . . It's really REALLY hard to find shoes that are supportive of my weight - especially during walking or elliptical sessions. May times I'm left with sore ankles and/or knees as a result. But somehow these shoes are more supportive than any I've ever owned.

The idea behind Sketchers Shape Ups is that they are curved on the bottom to allow for a different flow of energy when you walk. They're meant to "tone and shape" your bottom half including your legs and butt.

But here's what the ads don't tell you . . .
The first couple of days my balance had a hard time getting used to them. But once I did, I didn't want to take them off. Here's why -
I have had ongoing hip pain for several months now. Wearing these shoes, for some reason, helps alleviate that. Scientifically, it's supposed to be linked to the shape of the shoes - they allow for a different distribution of weight along your foot, and thus along your knee and hip joints. Whatever the science it, they work.

Now I have to admit, I haven't worn them long enough to see a difference in my legs or my tush, but I have a feeling that will come in time. I still have a lot to lose yet!

Interested in reading my "official" Sketchers review?
Here ya' go:

Originally submitted at SKECHERS

Great!!
By SuperMomBlues from Bowie, TX on 5/1/2011
4out of 5
Sizing: Feels true to size
Width: Feels true to width
Pros: Comfortable, Stylish, Good Cushioning, Good Arch Support
Best Uses: School, Casual Wear, Walking, Exercise
Describe Yourself: Weight concious, Stylish, Comfort-oriented
The very best thing about these Sketchers shoes is the versatility and comfort. I wear them daily as I am a stay at home mom and am on my feet a LOT during the day. I am morbidly obese and working on losing weight, these shoes help me to get a workout and tone, BEFORE my workout session! Also, being morbidly obese, many shoes just don't feel right or support me. These do - beautifully!

No comments: