Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I'm Going Back on Weight Watchers . . .

I have been listening to friends and family that have started or re-started Weight Watchers.
They are doing so well.
They are all losing, feeling good, and looking GREAT.
I am so proud of each of them.
It was actually my friend, Shannon, that inspired me to go back more than anything else.
Knowing she's had the same struggles as I have and seeing the joy on her face as she shared her weight loss with me.
I am so proud of her.
I am ready to be proud of ME again.

I quit WW because of the message boards online.
They weren't very encouraging or supportive.
In fact, some of the people were quite mean and spiteful and bitter, and hateful.
They sabotaged my efforts.
I spent a lot of time crying over what was said to me on those message boards.

So what made me decide to start it again?
Well, I will be going to face-to-face meetings.
I will be held accountable by someone other than myself.
That's what I need - accountability.

Today I am 285.
I'm ready to see 275. Then 265, 255, and then 245.
I will cry when I hit 250, I just know it.
I'm ready to make that change.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Good for you. I have never done Weight Watchers but I know some people that have been very successful with it. I wish you success and hope you can celebrate soon too.

Courtney said...

WooooooHoooooo! You SHOULD start the celebrating now! Because WW is amazing! The online community I am involved with is just incredible! Let's DO this!