Friday, September 5, 2008

Well. . .

I lost. Just over a pound which brings the grand total to just under 8 lbs.

Although I know a pound a week isn't bad at all, I know that if I ate better I'd be losing a whole lot more. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that if I ate all my points, and ONLY my points every day, and saved my flex points for the weekend, I'd be doing a lot better. It's just so hard.

I have learned this week that:

1) Shopping on an empty stomach and leaving less than an hour beofore dinner time is never a good idea.

2) Cupcakes are NOT my friend - even un frosted mini ones.

3) Fruit and veggies ARE, on the other hand, my best friends

4) THIS IS NOT A DIET, IT'S A LIFESTYLE CHANGE

I also learned that a lot of people go off WW and gain all the weight back. Why? B/C they forget everything they learned. Bad food is okay - EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE. But NOT every day.

Speaking of bad food, my one craving this week has been chili cheese tots. So, I made up a recipe that's not AS bad. Now this is NOT an everyday thing - BAD FOOD IMPROVED IS STILL BAD FOOD!! But, it's good for a treat every now and again, when the craving is too strong:

Better Chili Cheese Tots
Serves 4 at 5 points a piece

1/2 lb. bag frozen tater tots
1 can lean beef chili or turkey chilli
low-fat cheddar cheese

Spray a small roasting pan or cooking sheet with spray. Layer the tater tots and spray tops with cooking spray. Cook according to package directions until browned. Top with chili and cheese and bake until chili is bubbly and cheese is melty.

Like I said, NOT an every day treat, but okay for every now and again.

No comments: