Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Weekly Update: Inch By Inch . . .


This morning the scale and I had a little discussion. 
It went something like this:

Me: I hate you.
Scale: I know. I don't like you much either.
Me: What are we going to do about this?
Scale: You could just quit walking all over me.
Me: Or I could throw you out the window.
Scale: No. I don't like that idea.


Me: Okay, tell you what. 
You start doing your job, and you can stay. 
And I'll only step on you once in a while, deal?
Scale: Fine. Deal.

So I stared at the scale while I lifted my foot to place myself atop that dreaded pedestal.
I forced myself not to look as I regained balance.
I said a silent prayer.
Would this be the day?
Will I finally hit 199 today?
Will I FINALLY be in what we like to call "ONEderland??"
I look down.
207.3
*sigh*
The good news is: I'm down another pound.
The bad news: I'm not at 200 yet.

My goal was under 200 by my birthday (which was Sunday)
That goal was not met. At all.
But I'm not going to be upset about it.
In fact, I'm going to rejoice because 
I LOST A POUND!!
Another really fun fact:
This weekend my husband and I went out of town for my birthday.
He took me shopping (lovely man, isn't he??)
I bought new jeans in a size 16.
I wanted a different color, and he said,
"They have that in a size 14. You ought to go ahead and get those, since it won't be that long until you're in them."
Wise man. I should listen to him more often.
Because my BRAND NEW Old Navy size 16's are
...
slightly too big.
Yeah. I should have bought the 14's.

This week I have also learned a few things that I didn't know:

1) Sugar does not necessarily cause dumping for me.
2) Overly processed foods DO cause dumping for me.
3) I like red wine. Whoda thunk?
4) Salmon packets are amazing and wonderful and delicious and everyone should make them. 
5) Protein. It's what's for dinner. And lunch. And breakfast.
6) Not everyone wants to hear the truth about their nutritional choices.
7) Chai tea is yummy.
8) Recipe development is really, really hard.

So there you have it: my week in review!
How was YOUR week?


2 comments:

Laura The Great said...

Fun Idea: Keep your tags and reciept, lets run to Wichita Falls this week and exchange them!

Courtney said...

Keep pluggin' away at it, girl! :) You know you'll get there!! You've come so far. I'm on Day 3 of the Ultimate Reset...so far...I LOVE IT. My week has been great. I totally over-indulged Monday and Tuesday night since I knew Wednesday was my start day. I've lost 2.4 lbs as of this morning. I'm happy with that...plus, my jeans are FALLING OFF OF ME. Yay for that!