Monday, July 9, 2012

And Now . . . One For the Support Team

My last post was geared toward those that were still negative about my decision to have the Gastric Sleeve.  Today, I have decided to write one for those of you that have stood beside me 100%. For my followers and friends that understand my struggles and know how important this surgery is to my life:

To My Husband: I love you with every ounce of my being. Thank you so much for being there every step. You encourage me daily and love me unconditionally. You strive to not just aid me in my own journey, but in making positive, healthy changes in our entire family. Without you, this journey is fruitless, and may not have even happened. Thank you, LOML. ♥

To My Children: My little cheerleaders: each of you push me a little farther. When I'm struggling, you tell me "you can do it Mommy!" I am doing this for each of you - so I can see you graduate, watch you get married, and hold my grandchildren (in 50 years, of course). I love you each more than you can imagine.

To My Parents: You have stood by me and lifted me up. Mom, you have inspired me more than you can possibly know. Daddy, your love and support have been the world and more to me.

To My Brothers: I know how much you understand what I'm going through. Thank you so much for cheering me on.

To My Sisters: My very best friends: You guys push me to be the very best person I can be, regardless of my weight.

To My Friends: You each have supported me in so many ways - dieting with me, calling me to check on me, distracting me, and even yelling at me sometimes. And that's just the beginning. Many of you have known me since elementary school and know just how far back my struggles have gone, yet you never judged me based on my weight. True friendship lasts through the ages, and I thank you for yours.

In less than a day I will be making the biggest change of my entire life. Every emotion known to man has gone through my mind - from joy and excitement to fright and sadness. I am ready for this - emotionally, mentally, spiritually, and physically. And those of you that have supported me on this venture are part of the reason why. I can't wait to see the real me. And I can't wait for all of you to see her too.

Love and Hugs,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will always be there for you my love. I'm glad you made this decision and I can't wait to see the new you!

Lisa said...

How exciting that your big day is so near! I'll be cheering you on from Michigan!!