Thursday, August 21, 2008

ARRGH . . .

I think I just need to get rid of EVERYTHING in my firdge/freezer and start from scratch. I did good for breakfast today. I had 1 packet of weight control oatmeal and a couple of pieces of toast with Smart Balance. 9 points total. THEN I saw the yummy leftover breakfast quiche in the freezer. This was around snacktime. 13 points. That brought my total up to a whopping 22 points. This was before lunch and dinner. So, lunch was a lean pocket and fruit salad which came out to a total of 11 points. Dinner is going to be grilled chicken, roasted veggies and brown rice, which will be an 11 point meal. Add it all up its a 44.5 point day. Now if I hadn't given in to temptation, and you remove the quiche from the list, then we have a grand total of . . . 31.5, leaving me 3.5 points to play with.

The sad thing is that Ronnie is having trouble getting ENOUGH points. He can't get enough, I am getting too many . . . we need a balance here. I know, it's only the first week, Rome wasn't built in a day, it took 7 days to create the earth, yadda yadda yadda . . . I just wonder though if 6 months down the line will it have changed? Will I look at myself and see a change?

1 comment:

Nena said...

Learn from the quiche mistake, my friend. :-/

I can't tell you how many times I've had a "if I just hadn't eaten that [insert bad choice here], I would have been under points target!" It happens. We just have to try to remember to say no next time, and move on.

The fact that you are honest with your journalling is very telling. You are going to succeed. I can tell!